INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Corvus collects a variety of information that will aid us in quoting and servicing your insurance policy and providing our Services to you. We collect this information through your insurance policy application information, your communications with us, your transactions, and your use of our Services.
We may collect the following types of information about you. All the information detailed below is hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
Information You Provide to Us
When using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number(s);
- Your resume, employment history, educational background, and any other information you choose to submit if you voluntarily apply for employment through our Services; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. This Information is used by Corvus for the operation of the Services, to maintain quality of the Services, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Services. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information; and
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
Cookies & Technologies Used to Collect Information About You
We collect the above Information directly and through the use of third parties. We collect this Information by using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also view, edit, or set their own cookies or place web beacons.
- Flash Cookies. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features or to display advertising based upon your browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Services. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Services use retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook, and other ad networks. We also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
- Mobile Application Technologies. If you access our website and Services through a mobile device, we may automatically collect Information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location.
Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited to, Twitter and LinkedIn (“Social Media Platforms”), and/or sources providing publicly-available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the services and information you request;
- To process transactions you make through or in connection with the Services;
- To respond to your comments, inquiries and questions and provide customer Services;
- To process your employment application;
- For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To fulfill contracts we have with you;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- Maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- Comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- Analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
We may also use Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated for purposes not otherwise listed above.
Sharing Your Information
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, provide services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your identifiable Information to identify you individually.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the website Service users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold, or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- De-Identified or Aggregated Data. We may share your Information on an aggregated basis for any purpose in which your specific personal Information is blinded, masked or otherwise not identifiable.
- Promotional Partners. Corvus may notify you about offers from our promotional partners. All the targeting of promotional offers is done internally, and our promotional partners will not have access to the targeting Information. Until you affirmatively respond, we will not share your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information if you affirmatively respond to a promotional offer.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including links to Social Media Platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter or may redirect you off our website away from our Services to other websites for information, other services, or to receive special offers, or for transactions or purchases.
We use commercially reasonable measures to protect Information we receive from misuse, acquisition, deletion or unauthorized access or disclosure. We have controls in place designed to secure and safeguard such Information, however, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you should promptly How to Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your Information to provide you Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
Marketing Communications. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or see How to Contact Us below for more information.
Location Choices. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing by Third Parties. To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING, OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
To the extent other state laws provide users with additional data subject rights, those rights may be honored by the Company following proper authentication and verification. Please see the How to Contact Us section below for more information.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Shine the Light Requests
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your Personal Information by Corvus to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make an opt-out request of such disclosures, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION OF DATA STORAGE AND PROCESSING
Our Services are targeted to individuals located in the United States. As such, the Services collect Information and process and store that Information in databases located in the United States. If you are visiting the Services from a country outside the United States, you should be aware that you may transfer personally identifiable information about yourself to the United States, and that the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country. By visiting the Services and submitting any personally identifiable information you consent to the transfer of such personally identifiable information to the United States.
The Services are intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
HOW TO CONTACT US
100 Summer St., Ste. 1175
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Last updated: October 12, 2021